Privacy and Cookies
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Inception Holdings Sarl of 56 Rue Charles Martel, L-2134, Luxembourg. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA158750.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information that relates to you, and can identify you such as your name and address and information that does not identify you such as a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our Site, in order to evaluate our Site and ensure that it runs properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we may offer.
2. How do we collect information?
Information is collected in two ways:
(1) Indirectly (e.g. using website technology) and
(2) Directly (e.g. when you register for more information, or a competition or draw).
3. How you can decide how you want to hear from us?
We always explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you for such purposes. We do this by using opt-out tick boxes. If the boxes aren’t there, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it.
You can also opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email or SMS communication which we might send you. We will then unsubscribe you from our mailing list within 5 working days. You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
4. How we use your information
4.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our Site and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this and section 5 deals with this in more detail;
(2) Place your anonymised information into audience segments to identify your interests so that we might serve you with news and offers that will interest you;
(3) Contact you by email, mail, telephone or text message to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which, in some cases may be provided by third parties) but only in line with the permissions you give us;
(4) Ensure materials on the Site are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
(5) Collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the Site and to monitor website usage;
(6) Assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots.
If you have registered for any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the management suite, Broad Street Mall, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 7QE.
You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to enquiries@ broadstreetmall.com. We may ask for an administrative charge of £10 for providing a copy of this information.
We use the following types of cookies:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our Site. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how you use the Site. We might use that information to target news and offers to you.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our Site work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view.
(3) Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our Site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our Site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the Site and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
If you would prefer to just restrict third party cookies, visit www.youronlinechoices.com or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your machine. Here are links to the two main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which has instructions on how to do this:
You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising companies for more information on how to opt out of these cookies:
Any password you provide if required when registering with the Site is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
We do our utmost to protect user privacy. However no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the Site. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
9. Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf e.g. the providers of the “Offers” made available on the Site.
We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
10. Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “How we use Your Information”.
11. Changes to this Policy
If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the Site regularly for any changes to this Policy.
12. Third Party Websites
Our Site, may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
13. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at email@example.com and we will try to solve the problem promptly.